Saturday, June 9, 2007

Making Mumbai an International Financial Centre??? - Long way to go

The Trader Monthly magazine has come up with a ranking of the top cities for traders and financial houses to live in. 50 locales were ranked based on a mix of work and lifestyle factors, exploring everything from the breadth of local financial-services infrastructure to time-zone considerations. Mumbai incidentally is 46th on the list and these were the specific comments:

"#46 Mumbai Lots of lows in the burgeoning financial powerhouse: the dearth of entertainment options and the utter lack of non-super-humid days, to name two. "

Incidentally, Dubai's made a major foray into the trading world.

"For the true-blue speculator, Dubai’s unique mix of boomtown adrenaline, gushers of money and seemingly boundless opportunity make it like no other place traders might want to be. "

Below is the top 10 ranking:
1) Chicago
2) London
3) New York
4) Dubai
5) Miami
6) Boston
7) Dublin
8) Los Angeles
9) Toronto
10) Sao Paulo

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am an investment banker based in the far east, Hong Kong. My education and work has taken me to numerous countries around the world, and that imbibes me a very strong passion for traveling, exploring new places and cultures. I am curious about history and how different societies have evolved over time. Two other interests of mine are hiking, and I have just put up a new blog related to this, and also an activity that was introduced to me as a child, but have seriously got into it just recently - yoga.